The USB Key may be activated on any computer (key must be plugged in locally), it does not need to be activated on the computer where the Library Expert will be used.
2. Plug in (locally) USB Key to be updated or verified.
3. Run the "PCBL Remote Key Update.exe" program. This program is typically located in the HASP folder of the Library Expert directory. By default, on a Windows 10 machine, it will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCB Libraries\Library Expert 2018\HASP
4. Click the [Collect Information] button. What this does is it compiles the
KEY (not system) information, meaning that (if you so wish) this program/update
may be executed on a different computer/server than where the PCB Library
Expert will ultimately reside.
[Step 5 is only applicable if the Evaluation or Provisional license was previously installed on this computer. If it was not, proceed to Step 6.]
5. IMPORTANT: If you're activating a USB Key, please make sure to select the "HL" option! If you do not have an HL option but the USB Key is plugged in and the light is on, the program cannot see the USB Key. Make sure you have the latest HASP drivers installed, and plug in the key locally (on the PC where you run this Key Update application), also make ensure the USB port is functional.
6. Save to "[YourCompanyName].c2v" (C2V = Customer to Vendor), and send via email to PCBL (reply to order confirmation email). We will send you a V2C (Vendor to Customer) update file.
7. Once you get the V2C file from us, save it on your computer, then click "Apply License Update" tab.
8. Select the V2C file sent to you and click [Apply Update] button.
9. Success message should appear.
That should be it!
To verify, run the program and see if you have the licensed features.
If you get an error / Key Not Found error, open a browser and point it to the Admin Control Center http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html, if you use multiple Gemalto/SafeNet keys, PCB Libraries Vendor Code is 98135. Note, this page gives you access to the following information:
NOTE: If you get "Could not determine the version of the license manager" you are most likely using obsolete HASP drivers:
- Download the "Sentinel LDK Run-time Installer"
- Unplug any other HASP key you might have
- Run "HASPUserSetup.exe", using all default options
If you see the Key ID listed here, proceed. Otherwise repeat Step 2 or contact PCB Libraries Support.