PCB Library Expert - for Altium
Welcome to the next generation of PCB library development. The Library Expert effortlessly creates footprints from component data, and outputs to several major CAD formats (CAD outputs are available separately). Here is what you get with the CAD output for Altium license:
- Output to format readable by Altium (PADS ASCII / .p and .d files)
- Supports Altium Designer 13, 10, Summer 09, DXP 2004, DXP 2002
- Creates footprints with arbitrary pad shapes and positions new!!
- Low cost & FASTEST return on investment
- High priority phone & live support
- Get updates to 2013 for free!
- NO maintenances fees!!
- FREE training webinars as needed, one-on-one or group
PLUS the following PCB Library Expert features:
- 5,000 Unique manufacturer packages with datasheet web-links
- Add and modify library documentation
- User definable preferences or define and customize default rules wow!!
- Save component dimensions to a library file
- Search, edit, save functions for effective part library management
- Specify or remove unique data fields as needed - for example:
- Corporate Part Number
- Schematic Symbol Name
- Created By / Date
- Purchased From
- Bulk / Piece Price
- DigiKey Part Number
- Project Name
- etc... (no limit!)
PLUS all the features of the FREE Library Expert "Lite" edition, which include:
- Pin rename & renumber wow!!
- Calculate high resolution footprints directly from component dimensions
- IPC-7351 compliant
- Enter component dimensions using Nominal plus tolerance or Min/Max dimensions
- Automate creation of component manufacturer recommended footprints
- One-click rotate/mirror footprint, very useful for rapid LGA/BGA design wow!!
- One-click pad shapes supported: Rectangle, Oblong, D-Shape, and Rounded Rectangle
- Dynamic support for Imperial and metric - easily convert between mil and metric units
- Convert units calculator
- Apply rules to component families and component terminal lead types
- User friendly GUI easy to learn
- Padstack editor
- Email & forum support
- ...and more!!
If you consider tolerance settings, units, line-widths, pad shapes, rotations, and the dozens of other settings (all configurable within the PCB Library Expert), you can create over 1,800 variations of ONE SINGLE library! We're not in the business of telling you how to fine-tune your library. We empower you to quickly build high-quality standard libraries that translate in virtually no time to meet each of your customer's unique needs.
5-Tier Density Variations Supported
1IPC A: Maximum (Most) Land Protrusion – For low-density product applications, the 'maximum' land pattern condition has been developed to accommodate wave or flow solder of leadless chip devices and leaded gull wing devices. The geometry furnished for these devices, as well as inward and “J” - formed lead contact device families, may provide a wider process window for reflow solder processes as well.
2IPC B: Median (Nominal) Land Protrusion – Products with a moderate level of component density may consider adapting the 'median' land pattern geometry. The median land patterns furnished for all device families will provide a robust solder attachment condition for reflow solder processes and should provide a condition suitable for wave or reflow soldering of leadless chip and leaded Gull Wing type devices.
3IPC C: Minimum (Least) Land Protrusion – High component density typical of portable and hand-held product applications may consider the 'minimum' land pattern geometry variation. Selection of the minimum land pattern geometry may not be suitable for all product use categories. The use of classes of performance 1, 2, and 3 is combined with that of component density levels A, B, and C in explaining the condition of an electronic assembly. As an example, combining the description as Levels 1A or 3B or 2C, would indicate the different combinations of performance and component density to aid in understanding the environment and the manufacturing requirements of a particular assembly.
4User-defined preferences. Companies can establish a standard set of preferences to apply to all users of the PCB Library Expert! Settings include:
Component manufacturer-recommended footprint.
Licensing & Requirements
Single User License
This license entitles you to install and run the software on one local computer. This solution is ideal for the PCB design contractor or companies with one PCB designer. The Single User is licensed on USB key (purchases after Dec 1, 2012), and can be easily moved to any computer as needed. Contracting and always changing computers? No problem!!
The Network License is available for up to 250 users. The Network License is ideal for scenarios where you have multiple CAD formats, different users need to easily access the license.
Before you purchase anything, you can evaluate the software to see how it works for you. It only takes minutes to evaluate! Contact Us if you have any questions or prefer a walk-through!
MS-Windows based computer, running Windows 8, 7, or Vista (Windows XP may work, but is no longer supported by Microsoft), the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (downloadable from Microsoft), 15MB of hard drive space, a USB port, and display resolution of 1024 x 768.