- Download the program from here - www.pcblibraries.com
- The installer is in a ZIP file that will be placed in your "Downloads" folder.
- In Windows Explorer, unzip the file - Footprint Expert 2012.zip
- Install the program by Double Click on - Install_FPX2012_X.exe
- You may get this "Security Warning". Select the
- The installation program checks for an existing installation and if it finds one, it will automatically uninstall the program.
- The PCB Libraries Footprint Expert installation starts with this window. Select "Next"
- The License Agreement window will appear next. Select "Yes" button and then select "Next"
- The installation "Destination Folder" dialog box appears. This allows you to install the software in a folder of your choice. But it is highly recommended that you use the default installation folder. Select the "Next" button.
- The "Set Program Shortcuts" window will appear and allow you a choice to place a new desktop icon on your computer screen. Select the "Next" button.
- A "Confirm Setup Settings" window will appear indicating the "Target Directory", the "Start/Program Menu Entry" and the "Desktop Shortcut". Select the "Next" button.
- The "Setup Complete" dialog box will appear. Select the "Finish" button.
- By default, the installation will create a Desktop Icon -
- Double Click on the Desktop Icon will start the program and display this splash screen during opening the program.
- When the program opens the main toolbar is on the top and the task bar on the bottom displays the Default and User Preference names.