Welcome to the next generation of PCB library development. The Library Expert is the IPC-approved footprint automation solution, it effortlessly creates footprints from component data, and outputs to all major CAD formats (available separately). Here is what you get with the CAD output for Target-3001! license:
- Output to format readable by TARGET 3001!
- Creates footprints with arbitrary pad shapes and positions
- Low cost & FASTEST return on investment
- High priority phone & live support
- All 2015 updates are free!
- Upgrade to next major release for 30% of new release
- NO maintenances fees for support!!
- Perpetual license, works indefinitely
- FREE training webinars as needed, one-on-one or group
PLUS the following PCB Library Expert features:
- Parts on Demand basic access (281,584 parts)
- Add and modify library documentation
- User definable preferences or define and customize default rules wow!!
- Save component dimensions to a library file
- Search, edit, save functions for effective part library management
- Specify or remove unique data fields as needed - for example:
- Corporate Part Number
- Schematic Symbol Name
- Created By / Date
- Purchased From
- Bulk / Piece Price
- DigiKey Part Number
- Project Name
- etc... (no limit!)
PLUS all the features of the FREE Library Expert "Lite" edition, which include:
- Pin rename & renumber wow!!
- Calculate high resolution footprints directly from component dimensions
- IPC-7351 compliant
- Enter component dimensions using Nominal plus tolerance or Min/Max dimensions
- Automate creation of component manufacturer recommended footprints
- One-click rotate/mirror footprint, very useful for rapid LGA/BGA design wow!!
- One-click pad shapes supported: Rectangle, Oblong, D-Shape, and Rounded Rectangle
- Dynamic support for Imperial and metric - easily convert between mil and metric units
- Convert units calculator
- Apply rules to component families and component terminal lead types
- User friendly GUI easy to learn
- Padstack editor
- Email & forum support
- ...and more!!
We built the Library Expert around the notion that there are as many unique PCB library needs as there are users.
If you consider tolerance settings, units, line-widths, pad shapes, rotations, and many dozens of other settings (all configurable with the PCB Library Expert), you can create over 1,800 variations of ONE SINGLE library! We empower you to quickly build high-quality standard libraries to meet your specific needs.
5-Tier Density Variations Supported
1IPC A: Maximum (Most) Land Protrusion – For low-density product applications, the 'maximum' land pattern condition has been developed to accommodate wave or flow solder of leadless chip devices and leaded gull wing devices. The geometry furnished for these devices, as well as inward and "J" - formed lead contact device families, may provide a wider process window for reflow solder processes as well.
2IPC B: Median (Nominal) Land Protrusion – Products with a moderate level of component density may consider adapting the 'median' land pattern geometry. The median land patterns furnished for all device families will provide a robust solder attachment condition for reflow solder processes and should provide a condition suitable for wave or reflow soldering of leadless chip and leaded Gull Wing type devices.
3IPC C: Minimum (Least) Land Protrusion – High component density typical of portable and hand-held product applications may consider the 'minimum' land pattern geometry variation. Selection of the minimum land pattern geometry may not be suitable for all product use categories. The use of classes of performance 1, 2, and 3 is combined with that of component density levels A, B, and C in explaining the condition of an electronic assembly. As an example, combining the description as Levels 1A or 3B or 2C, would indicate the different combinations of performance and component density to aid in understanding the environment and the manufacturing requirements of a particular assembly.
4User-defined preferences. Companies can establish a standard set of preferences to apply to all users of the PCB Library Expert! Settings include:
Component manufacturer-recommended footprint.
The Library Expert is fully compliant with the IPC-7351C unreleased draft and you get the default configuration file for the "B" revision as well! Why is this important? Because it ensures that everybody - regardless of experience or language - can build high-quality parts the same exact way!
If you are still on IPC-7351 "B", no worries - you get the default configuration file for the "B" revision as well!
Get the PDF or printed copy of the IPC standard! If you want to reference the IPC-7351B standard to see how the three tiers are calculated, it is available from IPC in printed and electronic (PDF) format.
Besides being an IPC Member, we have also been proactively involved in IPC standards development for many years.
The Product Page is available in a few languages:
Download and install the Evaluation License for the PCB Library Expert to see for yourself how it can benefit you! Feel free to contact us or any of our world-wide distributors with questions or to request no-obligation demos!
Single User License
This license entitles you to install and run the software on one local computer. This solution is ideal for the PCB design contractor or companies with one PCB designer. The Single User is licensed on USB key (purchases after Dec 1, 2012), and can be easily moved to any computer as needed. Contracting and/or always changing computers? No problem, we make it a snap!!
The Network License is available for all the users you need! It is ideal where library standardization is desired, regardless the CAD formats used. Professionals or novices can now easily create libraries according to company specification and customer requirements.
Before you purchase anything, you can evaluate the software to see how it works for you. It only takes minutes to evaluate! Contact Us if you have any questions or prefer a walk-through!
Microsoft Windows based computer, running Windows 8, 7, or Vista*, the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (downloadable from Microsoft), 40MB of hard drive space, a USB port, and display resolution of 1024 x 768.
*Although quite a few Library Expert users have Windows XP, it is no longer supported by Microsoft and our ability to support XP is limited.