Generally, the Library Expert can automatically locate a licensed USB Key if it is on the same subnet. What is required is that the Network Manager get installed on both the Client and the PC/Server (that has the USB Key). However, there are some situations where the license will require that the PC/Server IP address is specified.
After installing the PCB Library Expert, to point a client computer to a specific server or PC on the network:
1. Ensure that the Server AND the Client both have Port 1947 open for TCP and for UDP
3. Uncheck "Agressive Search" as this is not typically necessary.
4. Type the IP Address in the "Specify Search Parameters" text field.
5. Select the "Sentinel Keys" link at the top left and wait a few minutes for refresh.
To check if the license is already checked out by someone else on the network:
1. Point your browser (client-side is fine) to http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html
2. Look for your PCB Libraries Key ID (PCBL Vendor Code is 98135)
3. Click the "Sessions" button at the right side of the row with the PCBL Key ID
In the vast majority of cases, the steps above will do it. If they do not, you can try the following:
1. Open "My Computer" and navigate to the "HASP" folder, typically:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PCB Libraries\Library Expert 2017\HASP\
2. Open NETHASP.INI with a text editor such as NotePad
3. Change the IP address of NH_SERVER_ADDR (default value is 111.222.333.444) to the address of your server (or PC) with the network-enabled HASP license
4. Save the NETHASP.INI file in the program directory, typically:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PCB Libraries\Library Expert 2017\
NOTE: If you would like to make the PCB Library Expert available to a lot of engineers, you do not need to enter the IP address into the Admin Control Center on multiple machines. Your can do a Windows Group Policy push of a partial hasp.ini. Push the updated %ProgramFiles%/%CommonFiles%/Aladdin Shared/HASP/hasplm.ini containing only serveraddr=(Server address). After a restart of hasplms.exe the client machines will have the server address listed under the Admin Control Center.