The Footprint Expert Help file is available in all editions of the Footprint Expert (Pro, Lite, POD Builder, and Viewer). This file periodically gets updated, and each build contains the latest available version at the time the build was created. To download and update your Help file follow these very simple steps:
1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Footprint Expert installation folder, typically:
C:\Program Files (x86)\PCB Libraries\Footprint Expert
(the proper folder name will be 2020, 2021, etc)
2. Delete file "PCB Footprint Expert.chm"
3. Run Footprint Expert and Select the Help icon in the main toolbar and select "Download Help".
4. You should get a "Successfully downloaded!" message; at this point your help file has been downloaded and replaced.
5. The updated Help file will automatically open.
View the Latest Videos
Videos have been added for many of the help topics. Begin with "Getting Started" and work your way down to view the videos for each respective topic.
The Footprint Expert is an INCREDIBLY feature-rich tool with CAD LEAPTM Technology (Libraries Enhanced with Automated Preferences). We find that often even Footprint Expert Pro users who have been productive with our tool for years often times have not familiarized themselves with the most recently added features. Chances are good you also missed some pretty significant features you'll be glad to find out are available for you.
For your convenience, the Help topics are also available online in the User Guide:
Note the drop-down menu for the CAD tool import instructions: