Generally, the Footprint Expert can automatically locate a licensed USB Key if it is on the same subnet. What is required is that the Network Manager get installed on both the Client and the PC/Server (that has the USB Key). However, there are some situations where the license will require that the PC/Server IP address is specified.
After installing the PCB Footprint Expert, to point a client computer to a specific server or PC on the network:
1. Ensure that the Server AND the Client both have Port 1947 open for TCP and for UDP
3. Uncheck "Agressive Search" as this is not typically necessary.
4. Type the IP Address in the "Remote License Search Parameters" text field.
5. Select the "Sentinel Keys" link at the top left and wait a few minutes for refresh.
To check if the license is already checked out by someone else on the network:
1. Point your browser (client-side is fine) to http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html
2. Look for your PCB Libraries Key ID (PCBL Vendor Code is 98135)
3. Click the "Sessions" button at the right side of the row with the PCBL Key ID
If you still cannot see the key on the server:
1. Browser: http://localhost:1947/_int_/config.html
2. Check "Allow Remote Access to ACC"
3. Click "Submit" button
1. Browser: http://localhost:1947/_int_/devices.html
(this shows keys installed locally on client)
2. Change "localhost" in address bar to server IP. For example, if Server IP is 111.222.333.444:
If the server ACC page (loaded on client) does not show the key on the server, your client and/or server security and/or Windows firewall need to be updated to allow TCP and UDP traffic on port 1947. You can check port status for TCP and UDP between server and client using Microsoft's free PortQry tool.