PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Symbol Expert - BETA TEST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wish List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craig4tone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wish List
    Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 10:32am
Since you guys are re-writing the program, I thought I'd add a wishlist!  Smile

• Ability to import pin list files from vendor sites (Xilinx, etc.) and parse datasheets or a utility that imports ASCII, CSV, etc. and helps format to the required input format
  • Excel pin import with templates provided for all possible variables
  • Rules-driven smart pin sorting (Inputs on left, Outputs on right, Power on top, GND on bottom)
  • Drag & drop pin, graphic and text movement in preview window
  • Prefs to include fonts, line widths, colors, pin lengths, grids, pin to edge of graphic offset, origin, etc.
  • Validation - this is a tough one!  Maybe total pin number count, check for duplicates (pin names, pin numbers, etc.)  would need to check across all fractures
  • Pin identifier graphics (CLK, Active Low, etc.)
  • Active low "barred" pin names (in proper tool format, i.e. Expedition="~ENABLE")
  • Ability to add custom graphics & text (i.e. opto isolator diode/sensor graphics, FPGA bank names, etc.)
  • Ability to select outline shape (rectangle, triangle, circle, etc.)
  • Text attributes (hidden & visible) with ability to remap names per CAD export
  • Freeform editor ala FP Designer for oddballs
  • Ability to add symbol name to FPX library
  • Export integrated parts (i.e. Altium integrated library)
  • Support symbol/footprint mapping by adding the property in the symbol, entering the correct footprint and then exporting to the appropriate tool's property/attribute
  • Symbol access in POD database
  • Ability to sync, export, cross-reference the FPX to a parts management database (Mentor DxDatabook, OrCAD CIS, etc.)
cioma View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cioma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 7:48am
Implement native import from PDF (i.e. no need to install Adobe Acrobat or other tools)

fluent View Drop Down
New User
New User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 5:17pm
Please make it possible for users to programmatically generate symbols, and to programmatically parse symbol files. For this, you just need a text representation of a symbol with documentation that describes the format.
cioma View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cioma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 2:12am
Agree with fluent, it's an essential feature
Matthew Lamkin View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Lamkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 1:57am
I cannot see the software yet however I assume that like LE it will keep a library of its symbols that can be output to any package.
Can this then also output the symbol in imperial (0.1" pitch) and metric (1mm pitch) for those that deal with customers that use either units.

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 8:11am
Symbol Expert is being completely written from scratch and will be ready to beta test this summer.

It will be a free download for the rest of the year to allow users to request new features.

It will have interfaces to every major schematic tool.

The symbol data will be stored in the FPX file.

The footprint and 3D model code will be added to the new Symbol Expert and the end result will be Library Expert V2018.

Stay connected - follow us! Twitter - LinkedIn
jmeinert View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmeinert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 10:17am
Please add a print function with an ink saver function and the ability to change color preferences. 
Livio B View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Livio B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 2:08pm
please add the intelligent of the parts (symbols), i mean the swappability info about gates and pins.
 Post Reply Post Reply