PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  New Posts New Posts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nominal Footprints - How Do They Save?

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 2108
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nominal Footprints - How Do They Save?
    Posted: 7 hours 37 minutes ago at 8:38am
Quote
When I am creating parts in the Footprint Expert, I create one and save it into the FPX library file format as a nominal padstack cell. I save the library and then I want to generate that save cell as a least padstack generated cell and save that into the library. But it keeps changing all the cells in the library to whatever setting I have it on. If I am on Nominal, then all the cells generate to Nominal. If I am on Least then all my cells are at least. Can you explain this behavior?


Saving to FPX only saves:

1. Calculator Parts:
- Package Dimensions
- 3D Colors
- Manually inserted drafting outlines
- Mfr. Recommended Pattern

2. FP Designer Parts:
- Mfr. Recommended Pattern
- 3D Colors
- Manually inserted drafting outlines
- Pad Stacks
- Origin Location

All other footprint features are defined in the Master Option .opt file.

Note: Local and Master Option Settings are not saved to FPX. 

Stay connected - follow us! X - LinkedIn
Back to Top
 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.