Print Page | Close Window

Nominal Footprints - How Do They Save?

Printed From: PCB Libraries Forum
Category: PCB Footprint Expert
Forum Name: Questions & Answers
Forum Description: issues and technical support
URL: https://www.PCBLibraries.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3707
Printed Date: 07 Oct 2026 at 1:41pm


Topic: Nominal Footprints - How Do They Save?
Posted By: Nick B
Subject: Nominal Footprints - How Do They Save?
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2026 at 8:38am
Quote
When I am creating parts in the Footprint Expert, I create one and save it into the FPX library file format as a nominal padstack cell. I save the library and then I want to generate that save cell as a least padstack generated cell and save that into the library. But it keeps changing all the cells in the library to whatever setting I have it on. If I am on Nominal, then all the cells generate to Nominal. If I am on Least then all my cells are at least. Can you explain this behavior?


Saving to FPX only saves:

1. Calculator Parts:
- Package Dimensions
- 3D Colors
- Manually inserted drafting outlines
- Mfr. Recommended Pattern

2. FP Designer Parts:
- Mfr. Recommended Pattern
- 3D Colors
- Manually inserted drafting outlines
- Pad Stacks
- Origin Location

All other footprint features are defined in the Master Option .opt file.

Note: Local and Master Option Settings are not saved to FPX. 



-------------
Stay connected - follow us! https://twitter.com/PCBLibraries" rel="nofollow - X - http://www.linkedin.com/company/pcb-libraries-inc-/" rel="nofollow - LinkedIn



Print Page | Close Window