PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Library Expert > Product Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PCB Libraries SURVEY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCB Libraries SURVEY
    Posted: 31 May 2016 at 8:33am
WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Your input has a direct effect on the development of the industry's leading CAD library automation solution! Here are 11 brief (mostly multiple choice, no typing required) questions that should 2 or 3 minutes to complete.

Thank you!
The PCB Libraries Team

Stay connected - follow us! Twitter - LinkedIn
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 4:40pm

As you've probably already heard, the Library Expert boasts preference settings that are unparalleled, so powerful we had to give them a name! But we're not done - we're developing the CAD LEAP technology (Libraries Enhanced with Advanced Preferences) even further, and need your feedback on how we can best tweak it for your use!

Please take a few minutes to complete this Preferences Survey:
Randy Clemmons View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Clemmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016 at 2:49pm
Regarding using English or Metric units.  If it is obvious to me that the part was designed using mils or mm then my preference is to create my footprint in the units that are native to the designed part.

I do this to avoid round off errors that can accumulate when using units that are not native to designed part.
Matthew Lamkin View Drop Down
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Lamkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 4:13am
It's not as simple as either just imperial or metric.

Schematic symbols have not changed for many years so an existing symbol library developed with a 100th/200th pitch is still good and allow for easy and consistent connections. The schematic is perfectly fine using imperial dimensions.

For the PCB though, there is a mix of components in imperial and metric - imperial components have not changed size, just the dimensions in the datasheet converted to mm.

So it's not a simple question as the survey asks, it should separate both sides of the process.
Anderson View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2017 at 11:29pm
Hello Nick! If you are talking about PCB components like PCB Repair/ Rework, BGA reballing or even IPC Training then I can refer you one reference site i.e http://bit.ly/2axf59b which may help you. Hope this link gives you good info.
jmeinert View Drop Down
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jmeinert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 11:33am
Any way to do the survey outside of google docs. Our IT doesn't want play with anything that can store or transmit data to any internet services.
Nick B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 11:26am
I'm sending you an email offline.
 Post Reply Post Reply