PCB Libraries Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PCB Footprint Expert > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6-Lead Side Concave LED Package

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zentekfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6-Lead Side Concave LED Package
    Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 2:56am
Hello!

I'm currently drawing a footprint for the KPF-3236RGBC-11 from Kingbright

There is no option "6 pins" in the dropdown list of the "Side Concave Package". There are only 2 and 4.

If I go and try "Chip Array, 2-Sided Plat and Concave", then there is a 6-pin option but no "LED" family, which results in inconsistent naming and incorrect 3D model. 

For the KPTF-1616RGBC-11, all went OK because it's a 4-lead package.

What am I supposed to do?

Justin
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 8:32am
The KPF-3236RGBC-11 from Kingbright needs to be created in FP Designer for now. 

It will take some time to add a new component family.

Stay connected - follow us! Twitter - LinkedIn
zentekfr View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zentekfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 1:36pm
Tom,

Can't the 6-lead variant of Side Concave Package be derived from the existing ones easily?
Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 2:48pm
Yes, we can probably add a 6-pin version but the 3D STEP model would look similar to the 4-pin version. 

We're also ready to release V2022.12 with new features tomorrow. 

We would need a couple days to add this new component family and test it and create a V2022.13 pre-release for you to test. 

That will be next week.

zentekfr View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zentekfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 8:21am
OK great!

By the way, the default 4-lead side concave LED package does not have its pin 1 at the lower left corner. Is this expected?

LEDSC4P85:

SOL4P145:

Tom H View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 9:30am
Pin 1 is in the Upper Left corner because if you select the 2-pin version Pins 3 & 4 go away. 

Pin 1 on all 2-pin footprints is Left. 

zentekfr View Drop Down
Active User
Active User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zentekfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2022 at 4:19am
Actually, there are two different concerns in my question: pin 1 location and pins numbering.

Quote Pin 1 is in the Upper Left corner because if you select the 2-pin version, pins 3 & 4 go away
Well, I understand the technical reason.
Is this IEC 61188-7 compliant? Does it correspond to a physical reality?

If I understand correctly, this topic enters the "badly standardized zone", both for pin 1 and pin numbering.
For example: CD-DF406S (4 pins, side concave diode) doesn't follow the standard counter-clockwise numbering. Even Würth Elektronik isn't consistent with itself: take WL-SBCW and WL-SFCW for example, the numbering is done the opposite way! (CW vs. CCW respectively)
Nevertheless, Footprint Expert applies neither CW nor CCW numbering!

I suppose extra care must be taken for this particular family of packaging.
 Post Reply Post Reply