tens of millions of FREE partS!
NO SUBSCRIPTIONS, FREE is FREE.
The Library Expert Lite lets you automatically build footprints and 3D STEP models, and use in your PCB design projects, for literally NO COST. The sky is the limit. No registration requirement, but you might want to register to get notified of updates!
- IPC-7351 default settings
- Free training and technical support
- Supports 23 CAD tool interfaces - Allegro, Altium, Board Station, CADint, CADSTAR, CR5000, CR8000, Design Spark, DIP Trace, Eagle, KiCad, McCAD, OrCAD Layout, OrCAD PCB, P-CAD, PADS, Pantheon, Proteus, Pulsonix, Solo PCB, TARGET 3001!, Ultiboard, Xpedition
- Supports 3D STEP model export directly from package dimensions - User control of Body, Lead and Polarity Color assignments, PTH Lead Length, Y & Z Vertical Axis, Least, Nominal and Maximum Material Condition, Low & High Quality, 180 different component families
- 44 major Surface Mount component families and 71 sub-families = 115 total families
- 26 major Through-hole component families and 39 sub-families = 65 total families
- Preference Options include:
- Terminal Settings for Pad Place Round-off, Solder and Paste Mask, Fabrication and Assembly Tolerances, 3 Density Levels, Courtyard to Body & Courtyard to Pad, Toe Heel and Side solder joint goals
- Rules for minimum Pad to Pad, Pad to Thermal, Minimum Solder mask Web, Gang Mask, Minimum Stand-off Pad Trimming, Rounded Rectangular Radius Settings, Thermal Pad Solder & Paste Mask
- Drafting rules for Silkscreen Legend, Assembly, Courtyard, Component and Terminal Lead Outlines, Reference Designators, Polarity Marking Automation and feature on/off buttons
- Settings for Units, Pin 1 Orientation, Origin Location, Pads on Assembly, Pad Shapes
- Settings for Mfr. Recommended Footprint patterns
- Print Package and Footprint data to Printer or PDF
- Add 8 different Polarity Marking shapes for Silkscreen Legend and Assembly Top & Bottom layers
- Add Keep-outs for Top. Bottom or All Layers for Placement & Height, Trace, Copper, Via, Test Point and round, rectangle, square or map to courtyard shapes, any size and location
- Turn Layers on/off to display any layer to the top
- Footprint features for Panning, Zoom in & out, Mirror, Rotate
- Tools for PADS to CAD, Convert units, Pad Stack and Hole Size Calculator and Axial Lead Form Calculator
- Help includes 70 videos that describe every feature and a Check for Update feature
- Octopart Part Number Search engine for component availability and cost compare. Link to every vendor website for price quote and datasheet link
Library Expert Lite is the ultimate FREE footprint and 3D STEP calculator in the electronics industry, period!
Truly a must-have tool for every PCB Designer, CAD Librarian and EE Engineer worldwide.